Roasted Butternut and Garlic Cream Soup
Updated: Mar 20, 2020
Seasons have shifted and it it has to be said, we have arrived into my favourite time of the year!
Autumn brings the change of colours in nature, as well as temperature drop, but that’s what I love most. I get to whip out my cosy cardigan and start eating my morning porridge, which is craved most during these months.
Another thing I cant wait to dive into is seasonal foods, and what better than pumpkin!
As a child, it was my least favourite thing to eat, but as of recent years, like many other things, I just cant get enough of it!!
Enjoy this super easy and, very delicious recipe, that requires very little cooking and, no doubt a lot of consuming.
1 medium Butternut Squash
1 large clove garlic
1 cube vegetable stock
1 can coconut milk
3 tbsp avocado oil/ or olive oil
2 tsp red pepper
chilli flakes (to taste)
pinch salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180 C (Fan), and prepare a greaseproof dish to roast your veggies into.
2. Wash the squash, the carefully cut into half, then again each side. Spoon out the seeds and continue cutting into halves until you have around eight pieces in total. Aim to keep pieces roughly the same size for even roasting.
3. Go ahead and slice the garlic clove in half, then place with the pumpkin.
4. Drizzle the oil and sprinkle the herbs, then place in the oven for 45-50min, until golden.
5. Once the veggies are soft, take out and cool for 10minutes.
6. Using a spoon, transfer the content into a pan, removing pumpkin skin and garlic shell.
7. Add the vegetable stock, and coconut cream, then bring everything to boil. Turn to medium heat and simmer for 10 minutes, then blitz with a hand blender. Enjoy with roasted pumpkin seeds!
Did you make this recipe? Leave me a comment below <3
#soup #butternutsquash #pumpkinsoup #autumnrecipes #soupforthesoul