Updated: Mar 20, 2020
This super simple, and delicious recipe is one we make over and over at our home.
Hummus is easy to make, requires only a few ingredients, yet it’s rich in flavour and also very filling!
Recipe below offers 'eat now' - 'store for later' portion, enough for the whole family to revel into.
Enjoy this hummus inside wraps, alongside salads and why not try these party-like dippers, suitable for any day of the week!
For the hummus
2 tins/800g chickpeas (reserve half the liquid of one tin)
1 lemon juice or more
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
4-6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the dippers
2 Wholemeal Tortilla Wraps
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
(Makes for 4 servings)
1. Reserve half the liquid from one tin and drain the rest of the chickpeas, then rinse under water.
2. Combine the chickpeas, garlic, cumin, salt, tahini, olive oil and juice of one lemon in a food processor, then blend to a creamy purée.
3. Serve into a bowl, sprinkle with cumin seeds, and add more olive oil if you feel it’s needed. You can transfer the rest of the hummus into an airtight glass container and consume throughout the week.
4. To make your dippers, simply cut the wraps into rectangles (or triangles) brush with the oil and sprinkle cumin seeds/salt to taste and into a preheated oven of 180C(fan oven) for 10 minutes.
5. Once dippers are cooled, enjoy with hummus!
Did you find this recipe easy? Let me know how you liked it in the comment section below.