Updated: Jan 15
With the holiday season approaching, I’d like to help you out by guiding you though some affordable, yet creative ideas you can gift your loved ones!
1. DIFFUSER - It’s an affordable item, that can help you relax, also boost your mood and improve your focus. It’s also worth investing in good quality essential oils, some of which can offer healing benefits and support you during more specific times - pregnancy and even labour.
Recommendation - ASAKUKI 500ml Essential Oil Diffuser
2. BOOKS - another affordable option is a book or a diary - I love books, especially ones that are gifted to me, with a little message inside - here are two suggestions I have for you - very different, one I’ve read, and one I look forward to receiving for Christmas (wink, wink)
Recommendation - A Slow Fire Burning: The addictive new Sunday Times No.1 bestseller from the author of The Girl on the Train
Healing Is the New High: A Guide to Overcoming Emotional Turmoil and Finding Freedom
3. LABEL MAKER - I have been visualising this gift for the longest time, and Im not sure if I’ll have the patients to wait until Christmas to receive it… but I just KNOW the difference it’ll make in my life! I feel like it’ll be a blessing for other half too, because it’ll avoid SO many unnecessary questions, and misplaced items.. think about it!
Recommendation - Dymo LabelManager 160 Label Maker Starter Kit
4. Beauty Box / BIRCHBOX - I’ve used this company for a couple of months now, and every time I receive it it feels like a little treat from someone! So why not surprise your loved one with a one month free subscription!
Recommendation - BirchBox
https://www.birchbox.co.uk - You can use my Friend Referral Link by clicking the link and Entering my name at the checkout - Valena Lova
5. PERSONALISED FLASK OR WATER BOTTLE - another great item I recently purchased is this water bottle to encourage and remind you to track your water intake. Most of my friends, including myself have trouble drinking enough water, so I know for SURE this will be a much appreciated gift!!
Recommendation - HYDRATE Tracker 900ml Straw Water Bottle
6. BASKET WITH TEA, MUG, CANDLE, CHOCOLATE - if you’re creative, gather some items together and put them in a box, wrap some cellophane and a night bow around them - I’ve done this in the past and my friends have loved them, I’m sure yours will too!
Recommendation - Pukka Herbs | Relax Tea Selection Box | Eco Friendly Gift
7. ETSY - HANDMADE JEWELLERY, NATURAL, SUSTAINABLE GIFTS - Websites like Etsy offer a variety of personalised gifts that can put a smile on your friends and families faces!
Recommendation - SCENTORINI Scented Candles Gift Set, Soy Wax Candles, Portable Travel Tin Handmade Aromatherapy Candle Gift
8. BAKE THEM SOMETHING! CAKE, COOKIES, SOURDOUGH BREAD! - For Christmas one year I baked and decorated cookies, put them in clear gift bags, and wrapped them up with pretty bows. Other ideas include, cupcakes, homemade sourdough bread and even banana bread.
Recommendation - Sourdough Banneton Baskets
9. GIFT CARD TO THEIR FAVOURITE PLACE OF SHOPPING - This is a great option especially if your loved one lives away, or you’re not sure what to get them. Offer them the chance to pick their own gift!
10. OFFER YOUR TIME! BABYSIT, PLAN A SPA DAY OR TREAT YOUR FRIEND/MUM/SISTER TO A MEAL OR CINEMA - This one will score you some serious friendship points! Offer your time where needed, and enjoy the company of your friend as you plan a day to do something together!
* DISCLOSURE: I use affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!